When growing a family is your goal, you’re prepared to take on additional costs. However, it’s important to know ahead of time what those costs are going to be so you can plan ahead. Find out now approximately how much it costs to work with a surrogate mother via artificial insemination.
Agency Fees & Legal Costs
At SMI, the expenses for the application, consulting, and legal expenses are as follows:
- $500 application fee (may be waived in certain circumstances)
- $10,000 SMI consulting fee, including the selection of a surrogate mother based on your criteria and the coordination of all medical services for the surrogate
- $6,000 legal fees, including the drafting of a surrogacy contract, pre-birth court orders, and adoption papers when necessary (this figure can vary depending on your individual case)
- $5,000 advertising fee for a surrogate
Medical Expenses for the Couple & the Surrogate
The biological dad and the surrogate will have various medical expenses including:
- Physical exams for the biological father, including sperm analysis
- Physical exams for the surrogate
- Prenatal, delivery, and postpartum care costs (you are responsible for paying any costs that are over and beyond the health care coverage of your surrogate. Virtually all of SMI’s surrogates have insurance which will cover the pregnancy)
- Artificial insemination costs
These costs vary greatly, but may be in the neighborhood of $5,000 to $10,000.
Additional Costs for the Surrogate
You will also incur additional costs for the surrogate, including the following:
- $2,000 psychological testing fees for the surrogate and her partner, prior to her final acceptance into the program
- $100,000 life insurance policy (costs about $200)
- $100 daily allowance for surrogate compensation anytime she travels away from home
- $500 for maternity clothing
- Miscellaneous travel expenses
- Attorney’s fees for the surrogate
These costs can vary greatly depending on what travel expenses your surrogate may have and any additional benefits you wish to provide your surrogate with.
Learn More by Contacting Surrogate Mothers, Inc. today
The costs above are only estimated and may be different for you depending on your surrogate, your family, and your unique circumstances. The best way to get an accurate quote for how much surrogacy via artificial insemination costs, or how much surrogacy via in-vitro fertilization costs, is to consult with SMI.
At Surrogate Mothers, Inc., we can help you look at the various aspects of surrogacy and what costs you may incur, so you can determine if surrogacy is the right choice for your family and plan ahead. Call today at 888-SURROGATE or (317) 996-2000.